Our engagement activities are firmly based on our academic expertise and experience. They form an integral part of our work throughout the University. Our students and graduates play an important role, for example through placements and volunteering.
Through our activities we engage with communities at regional, national and international levels.
Our regional activities allow us to:
- contribute to our community
- promote diversity
- contribute to the economy and success of the region
At a national level we:
- run activities which enrich intellectual culture
- influence public policy development
- promote commercial enterprise
On an international scale we:
- use our teaching and research activities to address global societal and economic challenges
- promote intercultural understanding under the leadership of world-class academics
Cultural and scientific engagement is integral to ensuring that our academic and professional activities have genuine economic, social and cultural benefit, in support of all of our institutional objectives.