Our single site, city-centre campus is a beautiful place to learn and socialise, just minutes away from the heart of the action in the city.
Our campus is beautiful, with green spaces and a blend of old and modern architecture.
It is perfectly situated less than two minutes' walk away from the hustle and bustle of the main city centre shopping area.
Campus toursCampus tours are a great way to see the campus and facilities. They run from May until November 2018. Bookings will open in spring 2018.
Other ways to visit
- Open Days - find out more about the subjects you are interested in, meet staff and students, and see inside accommodation and other facilities
- Self-Guided Campus Tour - if you can't make our Open Day, tour our campus another time with our handy guide
- View our virtual tours and videos of the city and campus
Newcastle is a small city with a big personality.
Fun, friendly and affordable, Newcastle has gained a well-deserved reputation as one of the UK's favourite student cities. It's the cosmopolitan capital of the North East and has the University at the heart of the city.
One in six people in Newcastle is a student, helping create the city's vibrant social scene.
International students living in Newcastle enjoy the mix of:
- city life - shops, theatres, cafés, and restaurants a few minutes' walk from the campus
- being near the beach - just 25 minutes away by Metro
- stunning countryside - wonderful countryside and various World Heritage sites are all on your doorstep
Find out more by watching some of the videos on our website.
Arriving in Newcastle
Starting university is an exciting time, especially if you're from a different country. We will give you help and advice so that your journey here is as simple as possible.
International Welcome Week
International Welcome Week
We will send you your pre-arrival information once you have a place at Newcastle. This includes a link to our pre-departure guide.
You will also receive an invitation to our International Welcome in late September.
We also have special events and services for international students. This is to make sure that you settle into life in Newcastle, including:
- information sessions about being a new student at Newcastle
- social activities to help you make new friends
- Our Meet and Greet Service from Newcastle International Airport
You'll find more information about preparing to come to Newcastle and our welcome service on the pre-arrival website.
We can guarantee accommodation to all international students for one year subject to certain conditions.
Find out about our secure and reasonably priced accommodation.